Monday 30 May 2011

Introduction

Hi and welcome to A Bottle or Two. As you may notice this is my first blog post so things are looking a bit sparse at the time of writing but bare with.

I started this blog primarily because i saw a lack of beer blogs that seem to be centered on the bottled beer market, although this is not to say i will only look at beer that comes in bottles, it will mainly be about bottled beer.

Bottled beer seems to be a real emerging market in terms of beer itself, be that real or cask ale (whatever you want to call it is fine, just don't drag me into that argument), Bottled beer is a great way to take home a bottle of your favourite tipple from the supermarket, or increasingly order in from a dedicated online retailer.

So who am i? I'm a student from London (yes i hear the howls and cries of "get a job"). But unlike many of my peers i prefer beer that is unusual or not from a massive corporation. That is not to say that beers such as Stella, Heineken and Carlsberg make me throw-up, they just aren't as good as say BrewDog's 5 A.M. Saint, or Fuller's Discovery, but they are bland and who wants to be a slave to a massive corporation anyway.

Though i will state now that one of my favourite beers is Guinness, whatever you say about how it isn't as good as it used to be; if served properly after a long days walking, in the middle of Ireland, on a mountainside, then you can't really beat it.

So here's to many future blog posts and the enjoyment of bottled beer. Hope you enjoy (please do, otherwise the others will laugh at me).